Scottish Institute for Enterprise
AboutSIE, or the Scottish Institute for Enterprise, specialises in helping students and recent graduates get their new ventures and social enterprises off the ground. It works with all 19 Universities in Scotland to help students start-up their own ventures, and develop their entrepreneurial talent.
- Organises two Bootcamps per year which provide an intensive, residential training programme condensing what would normally take 6 months into 5 days. This accelerated learning programme puts enterpreneurs on the fast-track to start-up success.
- Organises Workshops on all aspects of new ventures and business creation in conjunction with universities in Scotland
- Company Acceleration Programme (C.A.P.) is a new programme specifically to help pre-existing businesses of students and recent graduates with growth potential.
- The New Ideas Competition provides £1500 for a new product, business or social enterprise.
- New Ventures Competition provides £6k for more developed business ideas.